For me, weekends are not always the relaxing type. As a consultant, work is whenever it needs to be. And sometimes that means a Sunday morning feels like a Tuesday morning.
But then there are those Sunday mornings that are exactly as they should be. Quiet streets outside. A cup of coffee (or tea) by my side. Magic hour sunlight. Sweet and cool tunes play through the hallway. An entire day lies ahead, ready to be seized. Those are the best mornings.
I’m on the older side of the millennial generation. Just the cusp of it. My parents read the paper on Sunday mornings. I grabbed the comics. While the internet boom quickly phased out that newspaper tradition for me, I appreciate the concept. Taking time to review the world from you robe. To reflect. To inform. To celebrate. To mourn. To educate. To be mindful of being alive and get lost in your thoughts.
This is that kind of post. Inspired by Joy the Baker, on Sundays-when possible-I’ll share a collection of cultural highlights. Not necessarily food or film related, but always something that sparks curiosity and life.
- Have you listened to Radiolab’s side project More Perfect yet? Great listening for long road trips or flights. Or Sunday mornings. (One of my earlier summer binges.)
- It’s boot season y’all. I can not allow myself into a DSW this time of year.
- A dear friend of mine (who encouraged me to start this blog) and fellow crafter makes beautiful quilts. Putting in my quilt-of-the-future fabric request early with this and this. Dreamy!
- On speaking Po’boy. Debris and Zapp’s please.
- VR is all the rage. Filmmakers, jump on it. It is the wild west of filmmaking. (More on that topic to come.)
- Launch Vidiots into the next era!
- I was a skeptic of the self-driving car once. Until I read Door to Door. Read the book, plus the KBB’s study. Then let’s chat. (And for the sake of all, let’s put down the damn phone when driving.)
- Vimeo’s new phase of Staff Picks and curation is here.
- Ask A Manager is one of my favorite blogs. And this is a fantastic post.
- If you can vote on November 8, do it. Not just for the big crazy presidential election, but for your local leadership and propositions. That’s where real change happens and your vote matters most. (And if you’re working in another state like I am on Election Day, make sure you’re signed up for early or absentee voting.) Californians, there are a ton of Props on the ballot. Get informed here.
Thanks for reading.
Enjoy the day!
It’s going to be a great one.