I love autumn. I’m spending a few days in the beautiful Appalachians of North Carolina. Colored leaves. NorthFace layers. Cozy time sitting in a rocking chair by a fireplace. Cathead-sized biscuits. I’m in heaven.
Hope you are enjoying this beautiful autumn Sunday.
Here’s a slice of the internet for coffee time.
- Margaret Brown (whose short The Black Belt I’ll be posting about next week) released a new short with the New York Times and it’s fantastic. Glenn Beck humanized. Well done, Margaret. Watch “Never Trump. But Then What?”
- Werner Herzog as a Bond villain? Yes please!
- I am guilty of eat my feelings. This sounds like my kind of election food binge. Adding Butter & Scotch to the must-visit list.
- The man behind Twitter’s @ArthouseTrump reveals himself.
This sounds familiar: “I noticed early on in high school that there is definitely a very ugly and petty part of the film community, especially online. It seemed like a lot of people use their knowledge of movies as a starting point to belittle others and brag about how much smarter they are than everyone else. It became a kind of boring contest to see who had seen the most obscure films, who could word the most persuasive argument, who could nitpick every word of someone with a different opinion who might not be as articulate.”
- I’ve always loved Pete Souza’s behind-the-scene photos of the Obama administration on Instagram. With less than 100 days in office for the Obamas, Souza has been posting some of his favorite throwback photos.
- I have a soft spot for ceramic mugs. Love the texture and shape of this one.
- I would not be surprised if Chris Kelly’s past year on the festival circuit influenced the creation of this piece on SNL, but this skit nails it. Been there, both as moderator AND audience member. So good.
- After months of weighing on whether to start a blog, I finally shared my idea to my dear friend, Maya. She encouraged me to go for it. Check out her blog Bee in DC.
- “‘Independent film’ has become a broad catchall.” Discuss.
- A beautiful tea towel with an important message.