Good morning from (a warmer-than-normal) Denver!
I’m at the Denver Film Festival this weekend, so today is a work day for me. I needed that extra hour of sleep too. There are 39 films screening today and I’ll be hanging out with my shorts filmmakers. Day 4, let’s do it!
Did you watch game 7? I snuck away to watch the final innings of the Cub’s win. Nothing like being in a bar with people cheering with every little moment of drama. Even though I’m not much of a baseball fan, it was fun. And this sums up my thoughts on that night too. I hope you felt like you were part of a special night in history. Hoping for that same feeling on Tuesday night. (There may be tears. #ImWithHer).
Here’s a corner of the internet to peruse during your morning coffee ritual.
- I listened to This American Life’s recent episode “Seriously?” on my flight to Denver. Take a listen here.
- Another place to stream movies, but this time for the diehard film fans. The Criterion Collection and Turner Classic Movies launch FilmStruck. Curious to see how this platform performs…Will you sign up?
- Dave Chapelle and A Tribe Called Quest on SNL November 12! Watch it for me (because I’ll be working).
- I was honored to be on the nomination committee again this year for Cinema Eye Honors and the nominees have been announced! If you haven’t seen OJ: Made In America (all seven hours of it!) or I Am Not Your Negro yet… get on it.
- Looking forward to checking out Anthony Bourdain’s new cookbook, Appetites.
Short list this morning. Off to the festival.
Enjoy the day!