I’m not sure how it is suddenly Thanksgiving week, but I’m ready to eat biscuits and have a Bloody Mary while watching the Macy’s parade. How about you?
I’m visiting my favorite place on earth this week (Northern California) and will be unplugging. No cell phone service. Hooray! Very much looking forward to hiking in the mist along the coast. It’ll be a time to reset all these emotions and breath.
And now, just for you, slices of the internet in all of its pre-Turkey day glory:
- The recipe of my favorite meal at Nick’s Cove in Marshall, CA.
- Excited for Austin Film Society’s arthouse cinema future – support it here!
- Currently reading Textbook Amy Krouse Rosenthal. By currently I mean, I read it over the course of two nights. So refreshing.
- Aaron Franklin’s tips on smoking a turkey – traditional viewing for us this time of year.
- For the love of frying turkeys. Be safe y’all.
- Turning emotions into action: Time to make some phone calls.
- More on Arrival in a post-election world. (*Spoilers abound.)
- Filmmakers will hear from Sundance this week and the program announcements start in early December. Indiewire has a wish-list, with only a couple of women included and even less documentaries mentioned. Lame.
- And on that note: The future is female.
I’m grateful for lots of things and you’re one of them.
Thanks for stopping by.