Here’s the thing, I had my full dose of winter the last two weeks. I walked through a blizzard in Utah. I’m all good on snow and cold weather for 2017, thank you.
Even though it is January, I returned home with an overwhelming urge for spring. I’m eager for spring colors, blooming flowers and Easter dresses. Yesterday we went out for an afternoon treat that seems more suited for warm weather: non-dairy soft serve ice cream. Since my health situation has made me lactose free the last eight months, I haven’t done much ice cream lately. That’s been tough because before this situation ice cream was one of my favorite desserts. This was definitely a decision stemming from my spring fever. Mexican Hot Chocolate with caramel sauce for me and thai tea coconut for E. It was delightful. A great escape with one bite.
Is it bad that I’m rushing through the year when it has only just begun? February and March are always a blur due to work deadlines, so I feel like I’m already looking ahead to April. How else do you slow down?
The internet was overwhelming once again this week. Too much to keep up with. Here’s a few highlights for your weekend reading pleasure:
- ‘Tis the season for king cake! Who wants to ship me one?
- Inspiring. Thanks to the men and women who marched. Let’s keep it up.
- For your food-loving valentine. (I’m also a fan of this one.)
- Space is crazy. How Fast is the Universe Expanding? #Science
- These Irish Breakfast Nachos are calling my name.
- Currently reading: Today Will Be Different
- A Field of Vision short from October to revisit: Best of Luck with the Wall
- Need a little color inspiration? Look no further than Wes Anderson palettes.
- I want to go to there.