It has been a week. A being-hit-by-a-bus-multiple-times-and-from-different-directions kind of week. There was gelato. At least two pints of it. And Apollo 13. We watched both out of a remembrance of the late, great Bill Paxton (who I met briefly through my work in Dallas) and because when things are going crazy, it’s nice to watch something where literally everything went wrong – IN SPACE – and people survived. Yes, the movie still holds up. I still think it is one of Ron Howard’s best.
Short and sweet today. A few internet highlights to enjoy with a glass of ice tea:
- The dawn of a new late-night landscape.
- I recently made these Greek meatballs for dinner and couldn’t stop eating them.
- Let’s Bring Back Rainbow Sherbet Punch. So colorful and perfect for spring. Sounds good to me!
- Currently rereading Let the Great World Spin.
- I was part of the 12% of Angelenos that voted Tuesday (such a sad turnout), but was glad to see Measure S fail. Here’s what it means for LA.
- “Amal Clooney’s Baby Bump and the Awkward State of the Media Brand“. I saw this Time tweet this week and thought “when did their brand change to a gossip mag?”
- Interesting long read and something I’ve thought about several times in REI, when you already have the stuff and they are trying to sell you more stuff: “Patagonia and The North Face: saving the world – one puffer jacket at a time“
- I may need to get one of these Maya Angelou-inspired shirts…
Enjoy the day. Hope you get to take a nap. I will be!