It is a restful weekend for us. After a week filled with work, day care tours, pediatrician meetings and baby classes, we are lying low as we wait for an oncoming late August heat wave.
Hope everyone in South Texas is hanging in there. My family has first hand experience with hurricane wreckage (twice, unfortunately). It’s always hard to watch others go through it. Stay safe and dry out there, Texans. My heart goes out to you.
And now some reading material:
- Cinefamily was a hot topic this week amongst the LA film community. I heard grumblings of the hostile work environment from former employees last year and was glad to hear women were speaking up against harassment. It takes great strength and courage to do so. For the story, read here and here.
- Another good twitter thread for reading: The Phoenix News Times on Trump’s Joe Arpaio pardon (of course given in a Friday-night-dump-style press release).
- Currently reading: Who thought this was a good idea? : and other questions you should have answers to when you work in the White House by Alyssa Mastromonaco (Obama’s former deputy chief of staff)
- Summer salads for this hot week ahead.
- A long read: A Most American Terrorist: The Making of Dylann Roof
- Jay-Z and Beyonce purchase a $88-million home in LA. Good god, that’s a lot of money.
- Nesting is in full force. I found this rattle and am having the hardest time restraining myself from clicking “add to cart”.
- Wishing a speedy recovery to Franklin’s! Thankfully, no one was hurt.
- SIFF is hiring!
Let’s have a great week, yeah?