Good morning dear reader! I hope your weekend has been filled with fresh air and a little sunshine. I can feel spring coming. Can you? Hang in there.
The photo above is a picture of bacon-and-chocolate -covered -strawberry-roses. Remember how on Thursday I mentioned I once did one fun Valentine gift for E? That was it. It was during my first year in Los Angeles and I decided to get crafty. Needless to say the roses (and how I delivered them) were a big hit. Now the bar has been set too high. (Also, I apparently had sushi that week?? I dunno.)
As for this week, I want to bake a chocolate cake. Not for Valentine’s Day per say, but mostly because I know it will be a rough work week. I feel like it will be good therapy/self-care: baking (and eating) a chocolate cake. Options one, two and three. (Feel free to add your vote or share a favorite in the comments!)
Besides looking at several dozen chocolate cake recipes, I found a few other tidbits on the ‘net this week.
- Hi, I work from home. This is why I’m super chatty with the grocery store clerk.
- ICYMI, Run the Jewels’ Tiny Desk Concert!
- Currently reading: The Short and Tragic Life of Robert Peace: A Brilliant Young Man Who Left Newark for the Ivy League
- In case you need a good cry. Humanity at its finest.
- Every time we fly, E and I talk about the crazy-long time it takes to board and the lack of efficiency. Except when we fly Southwest, of course.
- Head in the clouds. A cute makeup bag.
- Been watching a lot of Leslie Knope lately. “I am big enough to admit that I am often inspired by myself.” Yep.
Enjoy the day! Chocolate cake for everyone!